I think everyone got a taste of the cold this past weekend, even being down South I saw a dusting of snow! I took the homebound days as time to rest, relax, and spend time with friends. I am lucky that most of my friends are within a mile radius on my college campus–so no driving necessary. I got busy in the kitchen and put my new Artisana Coconut Butter to good use!
I had a few bananas lying around so banana bread was a must. The coconut butter gave a light coconut taste with an amazing richness. Of course I had to taste test the butter before adding it, and I must say it tastes divine on its own! I can’t wait to come up with more recipes using it.
2 Bananas (medium sized)
1 packet Artisana Organics coconut butter
1/2 c Better Body Foods Coconut Flour
1/4 c Tigernut Flour (could sub with almond flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 c water
1/2 bar high quality dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small loaf pan
- Mash banana
- Add coconut butter to mashed banana and mix well then add water and mix thoroughly
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Chop your chocolate into your preferred size (I like a mix of chunks and slivers!)
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Mix in chocolate chunks (I prefer a dark chocolate, check your labels if you want a vegan bread!)
- Spoon mixture into pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
How do you use your coconut butter?