I think everyone got a taste of the cold this past weekend, even being down South I saw a dusting of snow! I took the homebound days as time to rest, relax, and spend time with friends. I am lucky that most of my friends are within a mile radius on my college campus–so no driving necessary. I got busy in the kitchen and put my new Artisana Coconut Butter to good use!
I had a few bananas lying around so banana bread was a must. The coconut butter gave a light coconut taste with an amazing richness. Of course I had to taste test the butter before adding it, and I must say it tastes divine on its own! I can’t wait to come up with more recipes using it.
2 Bananas (medium sized)
1 packet Artisana Organics coconut butter
1/2 c Better Body Foods Coconut Flour
1/4 c Tigernut Flour (could sub with almond flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 c water
1/2 bar high quality dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small loaf pan
- Mash banana
- Add coconut butter to mashed banana and mix well then add water and mix thoroughly
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Chop your chocolate into your preferred size (I like a mix of chunks and slivers!)
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Mix in chocolate chunks (I prefer a dark chocolate, check your labels if you want a vegan bread!)
- Spoon mixture into pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
How do you use your coconut butter?
One thought on “Escaping the Cold with Tropical Bread (Vegan Coconut Banana Bread)”
I feel so much happier now I untarsdend all this. Thanks!