Hi! I am sorry I have been MIA–between classes and work, I’ve been a little distracted from some of my favorite things (like blogging!). If you haven’t seen on my instagram feed, I’m hosting a Detour Bar giveaway:
If you want to enter, feel free to head over to my Instagram feed and comment with one thing you love about yourself, or you can comment on this post to enter!
In celebration of the giveaway, I decided to make some banana bread using detour bars! This is a great way to add some chocolate, while also adding a protein punch. This is such a simple recipe and is perfect for busy school-day morning.
1.5 cups flour (I recommend a combination of coconut flour, almond flour, and garbanzo bean flour)
1tsp baking powder
1/3 cup almond butter
1 detour bar of choice, chopped into 1in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Combine banana, apple sauce, eggs, and almond better until smooth in a bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder to wet ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chopped detour bar.
- Pour batter into greased, floured medium bread pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.