I have been a bit stressed in the past few weeks as I anticipated my big cross country move. As the days dwindled, what did I do? No, not pack.
I baked and cooked endlessly! Luckily, this resulted in some new recipes and tasty treats, but I can’t say it was helpful for getting my suitcases packed…
I had three very ripe bananas sitting on the counter so I decided to go with a simple banana bread option.
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3c Better Body Foods PB Fit
- 1/3c Better Body Foods coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- Stevia, to taste
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/3c Chocolate Chips (choose Dairy Free if you want; Lily’s Sweets makes great vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3c chocolate peanut butter (I used Wild Friends–use another type if you’re going the dairy free route)
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, and vanilla.
3) Add in coconut flour, PB Fit, baking powder, and a dash of cinnamon.
4) Stir mixture until combined.
5) Add stevia to taste.
6) Stir in chocolate chips.
7) Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
8) Swirl chocolate peanut butter on top of loaf for extra peanut butter flavor!
9) Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is slightly browned and firm to the touch. The edges of the bread should begin pulling away as well.
10) Let loaf sit in pan for 10-15 minutes.
11) Let cool on a baking rack.
Do you always make the same banana bread recipe? Is peanut butter a must for you?