I’m just starting my first full time job so it’s time for full on adulting. I’ve always been a fan of meal prep to decrease stress during a busy week so I’ve been trying to come up with new, budget friendly lunch ideas. Our office goes out to eat together once I week, so I definitely want to keep it thrifty when I pack.
Protein is usually the most expensive ingredient for a meal so I usually keep it to tuna, eggs, and plant based options. Tuna by itself is not the most appealing so I decided to try an experiment: flavor packed tuna burgers! I can see endless options, but this flavor combo has been my favorite so far.
-1 can tuna
-1/2 scoop Designer Protein green superfoods (Use code HANNAH20 for a discount!)
-1 tsp paprika
-1 tsp cumin
-2 tbsp egg whites
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
2. Heat a non-stick or well greased griddle to 400.
3. Divide tuna mixture into two patties on the heated griddle.
4. Let sizzle for 2-3 minutes.
5. Carefully flip burgers over with a large spatula and let sizzle for 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove burgers from griddle.
7. Enjoy on top of a salad or on a bun!
What flavor combinations would you try?