I’ve been trying to have fun in the kitchen to cope with the more recent uptick in stress at work…mission accomplished! I’ve been loving the CSA boxes I get from Imperfect Produce as inspiration, which is conveniently delivered to my doorstep! A recent delivery included purple daikon radish, and oh my, these are delicious. Definitely a mild bitterness, but when cooked with coconut oil it blends perfectly with other flavors.
- 1 bag miracle rice, prepared according to directions
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 purple daikon radish
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 heads bok choy
1. Chop bell pepper, purple daikon radish, onion, and bok choy into 1 inch cubes (I usually eyeball and guesstimate what a comfortable bite looks like). Toss veggies in 1 tsp warmed coconut oil.
2) Cook all veggies in you air fryer at 375 for 20 minutes, pausing once to stir. If you don’t have an air fryer, feel free to use the oven!
3) Meanwhile, prepare @miraclenoodle rice and add in garlic, 1 tsp coconut oil, and liquid aminos.
4) Combine veggie mix with rice mixture and enjoy! This would be great with chicken, shrimp, or tofu!
I added some steamed broccoli on top and enjoyed this over a bed of dressed greens on the patio at work (I’m blessed with California’s sunny winter days 😉
This month use code HANNAHFEB18 for a discount when you order from miracle noodle!
What’s your favorite colorful veggie? How do you cope with stress?