First off, I cannot take credit for this simple, delicious pancake recipe! I made a similar pancake recipe years ago, but never quite perfected it. I read about this recipe from Kelsey and decided to give it a try. I was blown away! It is super fluffy, dense, and satiating. I love that you can modify the base recipe. For example, I’ve tried adding in a tablespoon of pumpkin puree and cinnamon or adding in cocoa powder for chocolate pancakes with great results.
- 5g psyllium husk
- 10g coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- sweetener, to taste
- dash of vanilla extract
- 140g egg whites
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk thoroughly. The batter will seem a little too thin at this stage!
- Let mixture sit to thicken for 10 minutes or more.
- Heat up a greased medium size skillet on medium-high heat.
- Pour thickened batter into skillet and go ahead and drop in any fun add-ins (blueberries or chocolate chips are my go-tos).
- Let cook on one side until the edges start to pull away from the pan (3-4 minutes).
- Flip pancake over and let cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
7. Remove from pan, add fun toppings, and enjoy!