I received some products from Silver Fern Brand to try out and I am so pleasantly surprised! I am always suspicious of health conscious baked good mixes…they are either too dry, have a funky flavor, or include questionable ingredients.
NOT these, my friends! I went with the German Chocolate Brownie Mix in celebration of New Year’s Eve. The mix looked dry at first, but as soon as I tasted the batter…lovestruck. It is full of coconut pieces, pecans, and chocolate.
Oftentimes gluten free treats taste a little off or different, but you could not tell at all–the texture was exactly like a regular brownie. The batter is definitely a bit thicker, but it only took twelve minutes to bake!
The finished product:
Now I don’t often rely on boxed mixes, but with only forty minutes until my New Year’s Eve guests arrived, this came in handy 😉 I would highly recommend this brownie mix, and I’m happy to share that you have your own chance to win a box to try for yourself! In addition to the baking mix or your choosing, you will also win a meal replacement shake mix. Click the Instagram link below for details!
Good luck! Do you rely on baking mixes? Or, do you prefer to go the homemade route?
Traveling for the holidays is hard. It’s mass chaos everywhere; people are distracted, highways are packed, and airports are bustling! There are a few things I always do before traveling to minimize stress and anxiety, whether traveling by car or plane.
- I tend to randomly think of things I need to do before I leave or items I need to pack, often in the middle of the night or during class or work. I highly recommend taking 1 minute and writing it down on a piece of paper or make a note on your phone. Then right before you head out the door for your trip, go through the list and make sure you did it all!
- SNACKS! Nothing is worse than being stuck in the airport and hungry. Overpriced snacks or unhealthy snacks are both awful options (in my opinion…I am a cheap college student here 🙂 so I always make sure to pack some fruit, veggies, and of course a few questbars.
3. Stay hydrated! It is tempting to drink less so you don’t have to stop on a drive or get up during a flight, but staying hydrated keeps you feeling good the whole day! Planes dehydrate your skin (why your lips and face feel dry post-flight) and drinking plenty of water can keep your skin and body feeling good.
4. Treat travel time as “me-time.” Bring along a book you’ve been dying to read, a new CD, or a podcast you enjoy. Jam out, learn, or even sleep!
5. Pack everything the night before…except toiletries! Pack them as you use them in the morning–that way you remember everything you use on a daily basis.
Safe travels this holiday season!
I received a few Simple Girl products to review and I have been going through both bottles like crazy! This brand uses stevia instead of artificial sweeteners and donates to charitable organizations; how much more amazing can they get? As a small business, they really cater to the customer and my package came specially wrapped. They make dressings, sauce, and seasonings. I love the citrus ginger dressing on salads–it tastes fresh and has the perfect hint of lemon-y sweetness.
I have mainly been using the BBQ sauce for dipping, but it also makes a great dressing! Do not expect a sweet BBQ sauce when you order the Carolina Style sauce; it is on the spicy side–exactly how I like it 😉
BBQ sauce is literally going on everything. Roasted cabbage wedge all dolled up with some sauce!
Without further ado, here is the recipe for BBQ Cauliflower!
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and cut up your head of fresh cauliflower (I used yellow cauliflower)
Spray baking sheet with coconut oil, or oil of choice
Lay cauliflower evenly on pan and toss with salt and pepper
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the florets begin to brown
After the cauliflower has cooled, place the florets in a bowl and toss with 3-4tbsp of Simple Girl Carolina Style BBQ sauce (or any BBQ sauce you have on hand)
Serve and enjoy!
If you want to buy some (and why wouldn’t you..?) here’s their site: http://www.simplegirl.com/
Powerful Yogurt is amazing! I’m loving that their bars have a probiotic yogurt coating; I am a die-hard Questbar fan, but it is nice to have a change of pace every once in a while. I like the yogurt creme bar best–it literally tastes like sugar cookies. There is a rich, buttery vanilla flavor and the bar is super smooth.
I’ve been using their protein shakes as coffee creamer, as well. It is SUPER good and comes in both chocolate, vanilla maple, and açai, although I haven’t tried açai yet! They are delicious on their own, as well. Once again, I am a huge fan of the inclusion of probiotics. They keep the ingredients list short and the shakes are shelf-stable, which is perfect for tossing in my backpack for a long day at school.
I cannot wait to try their yogurt; has anyone tried them? Favorite flavors??
These super bites are so delicious and packed with healthy ingredients. They do contain sugar, but it is natural cane sugar and keeps the bites crunchy, slightly sweet, and crisp. Five of my friends tried them and gave ratings of 9/10 and called them “super filling.” Each pack comes with 2.5 servings so a little goes a long way. I don’t know that I will munch on these all the time, but they are great for an on-the-go satisfying snack! A great, convenient way to get some healthy fats, antioxidants, and protein.