Here is my #BetterBodyBlends entry for Week 4! It has been tried and tested and is a fan favorite out of my previous recipes. Nothing beats chocolate, especially not chocolate banana! I used a 3:1 ratio of coconut flour to almond flour for the perfect texture.
1/4c Almond Flour
3/4c Coconut Flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water) (or regular eggs)
1/4c sweetener of choice
1 small banana, mashed
1/2c water or almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
“Upside Down” Topping:
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used xylitol)
1 small banana
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted) and 3 tbsp sweetener of choice in the bottom of a greased circular 9in pan.
- Slice one banana small banana into coins on top of the oil/sweetener mix, covering the bottom of the pan with a layer of banana coins (this will be your topping!)
- Combine all cake ingredients and mix well in a large bowl.
- Spread cake batter carefully over the banana, coconut oil, sweetener mix.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Top with chocolate sauce, nut butter, or more banana, and enjoy! I topped mine with a mix of Better Body Foods agave nectar and cocoa powder