Here is my #BetterBodyBlends entry for Week 4! It has been tried and tested and is a fan favorite out of my previous recipes. Nothing beats chocolate, especially not chocolate banana! I used a 3:1 ratio of coconut flour to almond flour for the perfect texture.
1/4c Almond Flour
3/4c Coconut Flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water) (or regular eggs)
1/4c sweetener of choice
1 small banana, mashed
1/2c water or almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
“Upside Down” Topping:
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used xylitol)
1 small banana
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted) and 3 tbsp sweetener of choice in the bottom of a greased circular 9in pan.
- Slice one banana small banana into coins on top of the oil/sweetener mix, covering the bottom of the pan with a layer of banana coins (this will be your topping!)
- Combine all cake ingredients and mix well in a large bowl.
- Spread cake batter carefully over the banana, coconut oil, sweetener mix.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Top with chocolate sauce, nut butter, or more banana, and enjoy! I topped mine with a mix of Better Body Foods agave nectar and cocoa powder
5 thoughts on “Caramelized Banana Chocolate Cake”
Wow, this looks so fancy! What a great option for a date night at home. 🙂
Oh! That is such a great idea! A little chocolate drizzle, a little whipped cream..can’t get any better 😉
This looks delicious! I’ll have to try to make it sometime. Hope all is well!!!
Thank you! Please do! Everything is going great–same to you! Let me know if you’re ever in my neck of the woods 🙂
This looks fabulous! I love the plate decoration too. 🙂