I was craving something smoky, creamy, and different the other night. I had gone to the farmer’s market earlier that day and found some wonderful yellow zucchini that I was dying to use.
I started out with the sauce and the meal quickly evolved from there.
3 tbsp almond milk
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 packet NuNaturals stevia
1 tsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
3-4 threads Saffron
1/2 tsp Paprika
Salt, to taste
1/2 Portabello Mushroom, chopped
1/2c Yellow zucchini, chopped
Miracle rice, prepared according to directions on the bag
1) In a small sauce pan, combine almond milk, liquid smoke, liquid aminos, stevia, saffron, paprika and let simmer.
2) Chop zucchini and portobello mushroom into thin slices. Set aside.
3) Prepare miracle rice according to the directions on the bag. Stir sauce mixture occasionally as it begins to thicken at a slow simmer.
4) Add chopped zucchini and mushroom to the sauce, turn up the heat to medium-low.
6) Stir mixture well. Add a dash of almond milk and liquid aminos to taste if you need more liquid (be sure to add more liquid slowly).
I’m sure this dish would be delicious with a wide variety of vegetables. I also thought of adding shrimp for an extra kick of protein. If you want to try Miracle Noodle, use code HANNAHJULY for a discount!
Do you go to local farmer’s markets? What inspires your dishes?