I recently received garlic herb Miracle Noodles and I was dying to use them in a fall inspired dish. I had a delicata squash to use and after I had such success with my last stuffed squash dish, I couldn’t resist running with this variation.
This screams comfort food to me; it’s a hearty blend of fall flavors, herbs, and garlic. I always love cooking and the inspiration struck me around 8pm after I had already made dinner so it became two days of lunches. This is also surprisingly budget friendly–a perk of eating seasonally that goes beyond the environmental benefits! (Delicata squash are only $.99 at Trader Joe’s!)
1 delicata squash
1 tbsp canned pumpkin
1 tbsp broth
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp amore foods garlic paste
1 bag garlic herb miracle noodles
1 small bunch green onions
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1) Puncture delicata squash skin with a fork and cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
2) While the squash is cooking, prepare Miracle Noodles according to directions on the bag.
3) Heat coconut oil in a small skillet on the stove and briefly sauté green onions and mushrooms until tender.
4) In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, broth, and garlic paste.
5) Add the pumpkin mix to the stir fried veggies and noodles and mix well.
6) Carefully remove the squash from the microwave and cut open (watch for the steam that will come out), then de-seed the squash with a fork.
7) Set seeds aside for roasting if you want–they make for a great crunchy snack!
8) Fill each half of the squash withe the Noodle mixture.
What’s your favorite part of eating seasonal produce?