One of my favorite fall foods is Delicata Squash–definitely the fotgotten cousin of butternut squash, but it will not disappoint! Delicata Squash isn’t sold at all supermarkets, but you can expect to find it at Trader Joe’s (for $.99–such a great deal).
It has a great sweet, light flavor and is tastiest when roasted to caramelized perfection! Just roasting with a dash of coconut oil and salt makes for a great simple fall side dish.
I decided to get a bit more creative and opted for something different as I meal prepped for my week: savory stuffed squash, featuring lots of ginger and a smidge of miso paste.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 medium sized Delicata Squash
-2 cups green beans (I used frozen)
-3 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite sized florets
-1 bag Miracle Rice, prepared according to instructions on bag
-1 tsp ginger
-1 tsp miso paste
-3 tbsp water, boiling
-2 tbsp liquid aminos
– 2 tsp coconut oil
-red pepper flakes, to taste
1) Place Delicata Squash in a microwave safe bowl and stab through skin in 3-4 spots with a fork. Microwave on medium-high for 6 minutes.
2) While the Squash is cooking, combine coconut oil, cauliflower florets, and green beans in a baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 min, stirring frequently.
3) Remove Squash from the microwave and cut length wise–be careful since steam will come out quickly! Let sit for 10 minutes to cool. After Squash has cooled, take a spoon and remove the seeds from both halves.
4) In a large bowl, combine miso paste and boiling water and stir well until mixture is smooth. Add in liquid aminos, ginger, and dash of red pepper flakes.
5) Add cauliflower, Miracle rice, and green beans to miso mixture and mix until sauce is evenly distributed.
6) Now fill each half of your squash with the veggie-rice mixture.
7) Enjoy as a side or pair with a protein for a full meal!
Use code HANNAHOCT18 for a discount when you order from Miracle Noodle!
Have you tried Delicata Squash? What’s your favorite fall squash?
2 thoughts on “It’s Squash Season: Savory Stuffed Delicata Squash”
Looks delicious! Now, I’m really inspired to buy some miracle products. Do you recommend starting with the sampler pack?
That’s awesome! Yes, that’s a great place to begin! I can also bring some to my mom to give you so you can try them out 🙂