I love choosing vegan options when I can; it has numerous health benefits, plus benefits for the environment. Here are just a few of the health benefits:
- Your diet will likely include more nutrient-dense foods like fruit, veggies, and whole grains.
- Plant-based diets are associated with a lower risk of certain types of cancer.
- Vegan diets are correlated with decreased risk of heart disease.
The environmental impact is just as profound; the fewer plant-based products we eat, the less we contribute to the generation of methane and carbon dioxide–two greenhouse gases that impact climate change. There is a misconception that we need to make big changes to make a difference, but that is simply not the case. Making the effort to eat a plant-based even once or twice a week can be powerful. A study from the University of Minnesota found that swapping out one beef-based meal a week for beans or another plant protein, you can decrease your contribution of carbon dioxide by 730 pounds every year.
Health benefits, positive environmental impact, and cost savings–what’s not to love? I try to whip up a plant-based meal at least once a week and I actively avoid eating beef. Plant-based recipes can be easy and simple. I made this meal in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 bag Spinach Angel Hair Miracle Noodles
- 1c cauliflower florets
- 1/2c chopped bell peppers
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 vegan burger (I like Boca Burgers)
1) Prepare Miracle Noodle according to instructions on the bag.
2) Combine all ingredients except burger in a skillet and simmer on medium-high heat for at least ten minutes.
3) While your noodle mix is simmering, prepare your burger (I microwave it because I’m lazy as all get out). Once cooked, chop the burger into small chunks.
4) Add chopped burger into noodle mix and stir well.
Don’t forget to use code HANNAH for a discount when you order from Miracle Noodle!
2 thoughts on “Colorful, Quick Vegan Dinner for One”
I’m so inspired! Going to other Miracle Noodles today!