I found my old donut maker while organizing my pantry a few days ago (typical quarantine activity, I know). This donut maker is fantastic; it’s probably from the 1970’s and has the classically old-fashioned look to it. After finding the donut maker, I decided to try out a new recipe I’ve been toying with.
I have doubted the donut maker’s ability to function, but it surprises me every time! I have no idea what temperature it cooks at (I’m guessing it’s around 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit), but it works beautifully. I think this recipe would work great in a donut/bagel pan at 375 degree for 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 cup oat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop (30g) protein powder (I used a pea protein blend)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
2 egg whites
1/2 c + 2 tbsp almond milk (or preferred type of milk)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
1/2 bag Miracle Noodle rice, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all wet ingredients except for miracle rice and combine well. If mix is too thick, slowly add in one additional tablespoon of milk at time until the mix is a thick dough consistency.
- Fold in miracle rice and mix until well combined.
- Pour mix into well greased donut pan (or donut maker) and cook at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
- Let donuts sit for five minutes to cool, remove from pan, and let cool on a wire rack until cool.
- Top with melted chocolate, frosting, or powdered sugar and enjoy! I had so much fun decorating mine 🙂
Use code HANNAH for a discount when you order from Miracle Noodle!
Note: If you’re feeling lazy or don’t have a donut/bagel pan, these also bake well as small drop cookies! Just bake at 350 for 8 minutes.