I love coming up with new recipe ideas and I’ve recently been on a Greek yogurt kick. I had a spaghetti squash on hand and opted to make a casserole dish. The Greek yogurt added the perfect creamy, rich texture while keeping it healthy and full of protein! My dad was a huge fan too (he really loved the addition of bacon).
2 tbsp egg whites
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 small spaghetti squash
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4c Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp bacon bits
1 bag Morningstar farms meat substitute
1) Cook spaghetti squash in microwave; simply microwave at medium power for 4-7 minutes depending on size. I cooked our small one pound squash for about 4 minutes.
2) Mix together Greek yogurt, egg whites, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and bacon bits until well combined.
3) Sautée Morningstar farms crumbles according to directions on the bag until thoroughly cooked.
4) Cut open the spaghetti squash and scoop out the inside of the squash and shred well with a fork until no big chunks of squash remain.
5) In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti squash and Greek yogurt mixture. After thoroughly mixed, add in the crumbles.
6) Pour the whole mixture into a greased large casserole dish.
7) Bake for 30-45 minutes at 325.
Enjoy! This freezes very well so feel free to make a big batch and then freeze one meal portions for lunches or extra busy nights.
Have you ever used greek yogurt in a casserole?